ABOUT THE LEARNING PARTNERSHIP
The Learning Partnership is a registered Canadian charity that brings together business, educators and strategic partners to design and deliver innovation education programs focused on early learners in schools across Canada. Our programs build the essential skills and competencies needed in tomorrow’s leaders, innovators and problem solvers. They enhance provincial curricula, are aligned with Canada’s innovation agenda, and are made available to students, parents and educators through the generous support of our education sector partners and funding from corporate, government, foundation and private donors.
ABOUT CODING QUEST/CODING TREK PROGRAM
Coding Quest students build an educational computer game using block-based coding and the engineering design process, developing global competencies such as critical thinking, problem solving, communication and collaboration skills. Coding Trek introduces computational thinking and builds numeracy and language skills through an interactive computer program. Students learn to code by helping a character, Tulip, solve problems.
The National Program Manager, Coding Quest & Coding Trek reports to the National Director, Student Programs and is responsible for administration, strategic planning and executing all aspects of their designated programs in alignment with The Learning Partnership’s approved strategic plan and funding requirements under the CanCode funding agreement with the Government of Canada. The National Program Manager, Coding Quest & Coding Trek will coordinate with a head office team and will oversee contracted Program Managers located across Canada to source and engage school boards, principals and teachers, and establish ongoing sustainable partnerships in order to effectively implement The Learning Partnership’s Coding Quest & Coding Trek student programs. The National Program Manager, Coding Quest & Coding Trek is responsible to meet/exceed program results to deliver on The Learning Partnership’s reporting and funding commitments across key stakeholders.
- Responsible for the development and delivery of annual program plan in alignment with The Learning Partnership’s approved strategic plan and in alignment with funder requirements under the CanCode funding agreement.
- Responsible for annual program budget on assigned programs, overall CanCode budget and program manager allocations.
- Support program managers as they work to achieving targets in their regions.
- Oversee the effective delivery of annual deliverables and culminating showcases/events to celebrate student accomplishments in the program.
- Meet or exceed program deliverables as outlined in the annual plan and aligned with CanCode expectations.
- Responsible for the integration of technology in program delivery – classroom instructional strategies and educator workshops for distance learning.
- Secure the engagement of schools and participants for their program through networking and partnership building with relevant leads at boards of education.
- Ensure that accurate program data and contact lists are collected for entry into The Learning Partnership's database.
- Provide leadership and expertise to curriculum writers, as needed, to develop and/or update program content.
- Work with the Marketing & Communications team to effectively promote and brand program resources and materials in alignment with brand guidelines.
- Identify national growth opportunities using analytics and an evidence-based approach to reach and impact.
- Maintain effective communication and liaison with Program Managers to ensure continuous feedback, transparency and documentation of recommended program improvements.
- Support the National Director, Student Programs and Program Managers in solicitation of schools and participants for their program through networking and partnership building.
- Support the Development team to secure funding, steward and report to donors.
- Work with external experts to ensure that The Learning Partnership programs are being updated to align with best practices.
- Ensure all program reporting, data and local contact lists are up to date nationally, are easily accessible and provided to the assigned Program personnel for effective management.
- Support the Impact and Government Relations team to strengthen The Learning Partnership’s evidence of impact.
- Report to CanCode under funding agreement.
JOB REQUIRMENTS (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Qualifications)
- Minimum level of education required is a Bachelor degree in a related field; Master degree preferred, or relevant experience.
- Minimum 10 years of experience working with major government grants or funders in relevant sector.
- Experience in delivery and execution on a government funded program and proven ability to meet funder commitments.
- Proven track record of being able to lead, motivate and support a large, diverse and remote team. Experience in delivering on distance learning curriculum.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) to develop strategic partnerships and support delivery of program training, workshops and presentations to a diverse range of individuals including program managers, business partners and other stakeholders.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills required to provide efficient and responsive support to program managers and motivate them to extend The Learning Partnership’s brand presence and reach.
- Keen interest and ability to embed digital learning in program delivery.
- Experience in building strategic alliances to amplify our collective impact.
- Solution oriented, accountable and able to take an evidence-based approach to deliver and meet or exceed goals and targets within budget.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Bilingual in French and English is an asset.
The Learning Partnership values diversity and is committed to being an inclusive organization. We will make reasonable accommodations throughout the hiring process for candidates who inform The Learning Partnership in advance of known disabilities.
HOW TO APPLY
We look forward to reviewing your candidacy and invite you to apply here with your cover letter stating your salary expectations and resume (in Word or PDF format).
Posting Open Date: March 16, 2020
Posting Closing Date: March 31, 2020