Executive Assistant to the President & CEO (12 month contract)
ABOUT THE LEARNING PARTNERSHIP:
The Learning Partnership is a registered Canadian charity that brings together business, educators and strategic partners to design and deliver innovation education programs focused on early learners in schools across Canada. Our programs build the essential skills and competencies needed in tomorrow’s leaders, innovators and problem solvers. They enhance provincial curricula, are aligned with Canada’s innovation agenda, and are made available to students, parents and educators through the generous support of our education sector partners and funding from corporate, government, foundation and private donors.
Reporting to the President & CEO, the Executive Assistant to the President & CEO is responsible for ensuring the smooth operations of the Executive Office and the overall office operations at The Learning Partnership. This individual plays a key role in supporting the correspondence and schedule of the President & CEO and in supporting governance excellence. The individual also provides administrative support to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO). This individual demonstrates an excellent attention to detail, excellent listening skills and is highly organized. They demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and a proven ability to work with key stakeholders including the Board of Directors, major funders and donors and internal stakeholders in a professional manner.
Executive Assistant to the President & CEO
- Proactively manage the President & CEO’s busy calendar, prepare briefs with attachments on the objectives and key agenda items in preparation for each meeting.
- Manage the President & CEO’s emails, prioritize and create daily ‘to-do” lists.
- Manage phone calls and other inquiries with grace and professionalism.
- Arrange travel plans, itineraries, and agendas as needed.
- Prepare daily and weekly at a glance file folder which compile all necessary information and required meeting documents.
- Provide "gatekeeper" role for direct access to the President & CEO’s time, using discretion and sound professional judgement.
- Organize, secure, scan and file all general correspondence, legal documents, financial reports and related documents in consideration and compliance with the document retention policy.
- Reconcile expenses of President & CEO and prepare expense/travel reports for signature.
- Collect, review, summarize, proofread and edit documents with a high attention to quality and reports routinely, proactively and as assigned.
- Attend meetings on behalf of the President & CEO as needed to take notes and record action items, to brief the President & CEO.
Board Governance Support
- Support the President & CEO and Board Chair in all aspects of governance administration.
- Manage Board calendars and meetings.
- Maintain effective records and administration.
- Minute taker at all Board and Board Committee meeting, utilizing excellent listening skills and a focus on quality and confidentiality.
- Prepare and maintain agenda and minutes for monthly Board and Committee meetings.
- Working with the CFO, meet the legal requirements of governing documents and annual filings.
- Compile and manage governance files (articles of incorporation, regulations, minutes, monthly reports and annual report, etc.)
Support to the CFO
- Assist in preparation of payroll changes including calculating employee benefits deductions, vacation pay and other non-statutory calculations.
- Administer changes in the group benefits plan for employees.
- Administer changes in BambooHR, our human resources information system (HRIS).
- Support the CFO with administrative tasks related to recruitment and onboarding.
- Maintains current organizational chart.
- Records changes to the Employee Manual and Code of Conduct.
- Coordinates regular staff meetings.
Office Administration Management
- Ensure overall tidiness and presentation of common areas and meeting rooms.
- Supports the onboarding for new employees (e.g. setting up workspaces).
- Member of the Joint Health & Safety Committee – reviews, updates and implements health and safety policies.
JOB REQUIREMENTS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS)
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a similar role, preferably with not-for-profit sector experience.
- Excellent attention to detail together with exceptional listening skills.
- Demonstrated integrity, discretion and understands the need for confidentiality.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with high emotional intelligence and ability to motivate others and represent The Learning Partnership’s brand well.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written required to compose and edit business documents, reports, letters, etc.
- Ability to work effectively in a complex environment and to collaborate effectively across the organization and with external contacts.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize tasks and projects with a sense of urgency and sound judgment.
- Ability to define problems, and exercise sound judgment to identify valid and creative solutions.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Well-organized, strong sense of ownership, enthusiastic, passionate, personable, adaptable, diplomatic, able to work in a small open concept office environment, sense of fiscal responsibility and a demonstrated commitment to education.
- Working knowledge of Ontario payroll requirements and previous experience with processing payroll is an asset.
- Fluency in French is an asset.
- Current First Aid and/or Joint Health & Safety certification is an asset.
The Learning Partnership is committed to a diverse, equitable, inclusive and accessible workplace. We welcome applications from Black, Indigenous and people of colour, people with disabilities, the LGBTQ2I community, and others who respect and reflect the diversity of the students we serve. We are seeking to create an environment where a diversity of voices, identities and perspectives are fully heard.
HOW TO APPLY
We look forward to reviewing your candidacy and invite you to apply here with your cover letter stating your salary expectations and resume (in Word or PDF format).