Social Media Coordinator (Canada Summer Jobs)
About The Learning Partnership:
The Learning Partnership is a registered Canadian charity that brings together business, educators and strategic partners to design and deliver innovation education programs focused on early learners in schools across Canada. Our programs build the essential skills and competencies needed in tomorrow’s leaders, innovators and problem solvers. They enhance provincial curricula, are aligned with Canada’s innovation agenda, and are made available to students, parents and educators through the generous support of our education sector partners and funding from corporate, government, foundation and private donors.
Reporting to the Manager, Marketing & Communications, the Social Media Coordinator is responsible for The Learning Partnership’s social media presence and digital content creation with a focus on engaging corporate, government and education sector audiences.
The goals of our digital strategy are:
- to discover and build relationships with strategic partners, including funders and donors, through online engagement;
- to increase awareness of The Learning Partnership’s brand; and
- to build our voice, credibility and profile in the education, non-profit and funder communities.
This role designs and delivers integrated digital campaigns across a variety of online channels drawing from internal and external content sources, including The Learning Partnership’s editorial calendar and blog.
The Social Media Coordinator will
- create digital content/assets and campaigns from written documents, stories, photos, interviews and by participating in meetings, conferences and water cooler conversations;
- curate and republish or create original content from trends, blogs and channels from a wide range of external sources, engaging with them on behalf of The Learning Partnership; and
- keep their finger on the pulse of key corporate, foundation and government funders’ activities and initiatives and work with The Learning Partnership’s Development department to leverage social media activity/engagement for stewardship and fundraising goals.
As part of a passionate, highly collaborative marketing and communications team, this role actively contributes to the content creation process and editorial strategy in line with The Learning Partnership’s brand and messaging guidelines.
- Create a wide variety of content, including video, stories, photos/captions, visual assets, campaigns/social media plans
- Execute TLP’s social media engagement strategy by planning, designing, scheduling and publishing social media posts and content across all channels
- Build audience and audience engagement on targeted channels: Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn
- Develop and execute social media campaigns to support product launch and other TLP initiatives (e.g., Invent Future Global, Take Our Kids to Work, etc.)
- Under the guidance of the Manager, Marketing & Communications, train and support staff to become brand ambassadors for The Learning Partnership online, assisting them to establish and manage their social media profiles and encouraging them to share and post
- Develop and manage the social media component of TLP’s editorial calendar, generating story ideas and themes and aligning the social media content with the broader content marketing strategy
- Execute an internal promotion campaign for all major social media posts/campaigns to support engagement
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to highlight the success and impact of our programs
- Proactively reach out to staff across the organization to collect photographs, stories and testimonials from various programs, events, meetings and initiatives throughout the year as fodder for social media content – always have an eye on how to turn internal information, data, stories and source documents into social media content
- Follow and engage with a wide variety of external stakeholders and channels with a view to building relationships, raising awareness of TLP’s impact and brand, and stewarding existing and potential donors and strategic partners by posting and repurposing content
- Search, track and file media mentions of The Learning Partnership and its programs and proactively repurpose/promote them using Meltwater among other sources
- Schedule and publish all social media using Hootsuite
- Degree or degree underway in marketing, communications, journalism or relevant discipline
- Demonstrated knowledge of using social media platforms as a representative or on behalf of a brand
- Exceptional writing, editing, content creation, storytelling and communications experience with a knowledge of content and practices that attract and engage specific audiences
- A ‘nose for a story’ and an ‘eye for detail’
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills (verbal and written) to work and build relationships internally and externally
- Good judgement and decision-making skills with the capacity to be “the face and voice of TLP” on social media representing the organization accurately and professionally
- Proficiency with relevant design, content production, scheduling and analytics software and tools, e.g., Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, Canva, Hootsuite, Google Analytics, etc.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and strong time management abilities to tackle competing demands and priorities to meet deadlines
- High aptitude for self-learning and experimentation
- Experience using media tracking and listening, such as Meltwater, is an asset
- Strong interest in and passion for issues related to public education and innovation is an asset
- French language an asset
The Learning Partnership is committed to a diverse, equitable, inclusive, and accessible workplace. We welcome applications from Black, Indigenous and people of colour, people with disabilities, the LGBTQ2I community, and others who respect and reflect the diversity of the students we serve. We are seeking to create an environment where a diversity of voices, identities and perspectives are fully heard.