NATIONAL PROGRAM MANAGER, STUDENT PROGRAMS
ABOUT THE LEARNING PARTNERSHIP:
The Learning Partnership is a registered Canadian charity that brings together business, educators and strategic partners to design and deliver innovation education programs focused on early learners in schools across Canada. Our programs build the essential skills and competencies needed in tomorrow’s leaders, innovators and problem solvers. They enhance provincial curricula, are aligned with Canada’s innovation agenda, and are made available to students, parents and educators through the generous support of our education sector partners and funding from corporate, government, foundation and private donors.
The National Program Manager reports to the National Director, Programs and Impact and is responsible for strategic planning and executing all aspects of their designated programs in grades 1 through 8, in alignment with The Learning Partnership’s approved Strategic Plan. The National Program Manager is part of our student programs team and works alongside other departments to achieve our short and long term strategic goals. The role will oversee assigned staff, contractors and delivery partners to engage with school boards, principals and teachers across Canada. This role will also be responsible to identify and establish strategic partnerships in order to achieve our organizational vision and sustainable program development and impact. The National Program Manager is responsible to meet/exceed program results to deliver on The Learning Partnership’s reporting and funding commitments across key stakeholders.
- Responsible for the development and delivery of annual program plan in alignment with The Learning Partnership’s approved Strategic Plan.
- Responsible to deliver assigned grades 1 through 8 programs across Canada in collaboration with staff, contractors and delivery partners.
- Working with staff and delivery partners, meet/exceed all program targets across Canada.
- Oversee the effective delivery of annual deliverables and culminating showcases/events aligned with funder commitments.
- Meet or exceed program deliverables aligned with contracted commitments of funding agreements.
- Secure the engagement of schools and participants for their programs through outreach, networking and partnership building with relevant leads at boards of education.
- Provide updated content for Program webpages to Marketing & Communications as required.
- Provide leadership and expertise to curriculum writers, as needed, to develop and/or update program content.
- Ensure that accurate program data and contact lists are collected nationally for entry into The Learning Partnership database.
- Oversee effective stewardship of the program, acting as a brand ambassador for The Learning Partnership.
- Responsible for annual program budget on assigned programs.
- Collaborate on budget development with CFO and National Director, Programs and Impact.
Program Development and Impact
- Identify national growth opportunities through innovative partnerships, using analytics and an evidence-based approach to reach and impact.
- Cultivate effective communication and liaison with delivery partners to ensure continuous feedback, transparency and documentation of recommended program improvements.
- Oversee the integration of technology in program delivery across classroom instructional strategies and educator workshops and other innovative practices.
- Support the Development team to secure funding, steward and report to donors.
- Work with internal and external experts to ensure that The Learning Partnership programs are being updated to align with best practices.
- Work with the National Director, Programs and Impact on evaluations of student programs.
- Contribute to the development and delivery of The Learning Partnership’s impact strategy to ensure continuous learning and improvement.
Marketing & Communications
- Work with the Marketing & Communications team to effectively promote and brand program resources and materials and ensure consistency of The Learning Partnership’s presence/ identity throughout program communications (i.e. website, corporate materials, events signage, promotional materials, resource materials, email communications, PowerPoint presentations, etc.).
JOB REQUIRMENTS (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Qualifications):
- Minimum level of education required is a Bachelor’s degree in education or associated field; Master’s degree preferred, or relevant experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience working with major funders including government grants in relevant sector.
- Experience in delivery and execution on a government funded program and proven ability to meet funder commitments.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to lead, motivate and deliver through in-person and remote teams.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) to develop strategic partnerships and support delivery of programs.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills required to manage large-scale projects and provide efficient and responsive support to staff and delivery partners.
- Keen interest and ability to innovate collaboratively in program delivery.
- Experience in effectively building strategic alliances to amplify our collective impact.
- Solution oriented, accountable and able to take an evidence-based approach to deliver and meet or exceed goals and targets within budget.
- Must demonstrate high energy and enthusiasm with a passion for education and a desire to make a difference in Canada’s public education system.
- Professional experience in the education field (e.g., educator, education sales) is an asset.
- Experience in building grades 1 to 8 inclusive innovation programming is an asset.
- Sound knowledge of curriculum and needs for the modern learner is an asset.
- Exhibits a positive attitude and an innovation mindset with a demonstrated ability to be adaptable to change by focusing on solutions and identifying opportunities for improvements.
- Commitment to TLP values aligned with the global competencies.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Bilingual in French and English is an asset.
The Learning Partnership is committed to a diverse, equitable, inclusive, and accessible workplace. We welcome applications from Black, Indigenous and people of colour, people with disabilities, the LGBTQ2I community, and others who respect and reflect the diversity of the students we serve. We are seeking to create an environment where a diversity of voices, identities and perspectives are fully heard.